Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Shifting Sands of Time

And minerals, ores, chemical deposits. I managed to set up 3 Flora Farms yesterday to grow some fungus for the Benefactor. I selected the location because the newswires had been buzzing with the information that this was the place to get the best stuff in this sector, as identified one day previosuly. Normally conditions ripe for growing flora last for about a fortnight. What did I find when I went back today? They'd all dried up. Just under 6000 units was all I could extract. And compare that to the 42k of Aluminium I'm managed to mine from somewhere north of Coronet. I had to go round and check all the rest of my mining equipment again then, and it's all useless right now. So I made myself feel better by crafting my first Speederbike. Not as good as the one I've got (apparently I picked the wrong Aluminium to use - brought the quality way down), but it feels good to have crafted it myself. And it sounds cool as well. Not the heavy hum from a Swoop, but more a gentle buzz.

And silly fool that I was, I managed to land at the wrong Spaceport on Rori. Had to travel 11km cross country to get to the Flora Farms. Was lazy and got a shuttle back though. :-p

Tomorrow, I need to seek out a new supply of Wind Energy and get some generators up. And maybe make some more droid parts. But now - time to set up camp in the wilds of Corellia and sleep for a bit.

Night all.