Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Another day...another change

I can't believe how quickly things are moving now. Once again I am indebted to Kairfett and now also my new friend Kaizen.

When I woke up this morning, it was with a renewed sense of vigour. Once I'd claimed all the night's extracted resources, I went back to my new home (I can't believe I've got one!). On the way back, I bumped into Kaizen. We started discussing what I was doing, and it turns out that the Extractors I'm using are very underpowered. Not knowing any differently, I'd been making them using the tools I had, wherever I needed them at the time. Apparently, if you craft them next to a Crafting Station, you get better results, and can experiment on them to get much better quality products. I went back to give it a go, and smack me with a gubber if she wasn't right. With good quality resources, my best crafting tools and the very high quality Crafting Stations in the back room of the Tyrsis Mall, I managed to create a Mineral Extractor with four times the efficiency of the ones I'd been using.

Suddenly the world is open to a million possibilties! Well - four times those available to me before. I spent the rest of the day making enough of the highest quality Extractors I could. For minerals, for chemicals, for gas. And the same with Wind Generators so I can get more power. Also had a go with making better quality Crafting Tools. It's amazing what a bit of extra effort can produce.

And not only that, I've decided to shift my learning focus slightly. I'm still going to work towards mastering the Droid Engineer profession - that will always be my first love. I'm not entirely sure why I started looking at Camping though - it's of no real use to me, so I've decided to abandon that and work on becoming a bit of an architect instead. Making your own furniture certainly beats buying it! It will also give me the skills to build Harvesters (which pull even more mineral and ore from the ground) and factories, so that I can mass-produce quality merchandise to sell.

I should also get support from the TRF, as they don't have anyone else in their group who is a Droid Engineer or Architect.