Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My first sale...well, gift!

Another marathon day.

Started off thinking that I would wait until my existing Extractors had run out of power and maintenance funds before replacing them with the new ones, but then figured - why bother? Seize the day - make the change now and reap the benefit of more resources.

And as I am now certified to make basic furniture, I spend the rest of the morning filling my second room (which I have designated my Workshop) with chests and armoires, and spent the first half of the afternoon filling them with all my junk. All nice and organised now :-) And the first room (my Living Quarters) has a bookcase and sofa in there now, as well as chest with a model of an R2 unit on top of it.

I had a brief chat with some of the members of the TRF on the channel reserved for the organisation. Introduced myself to a few people, and then told them all that I'll make them all furniture for free until I'm fully qualified (well, I need the experience, and there's no harm in building up a rapport with free gifts!) And who was the first to take me up on my offer? A lovely Twi'lek lady by the name of Iceena'tak. She wanted me to make 10 torches to light up her house.

So I hit the road again - found the resources I needed and started gathering them. While I was doing that, I found a perfect gas! My scanners said the Overall Quality was 1000, but I didn't quitebelieve it. When it finally sank in, I set up 4 Extractors to grab as much a sI could before it ran out.

Then went back to crafting the torches. Thought I'd impress her by making a love seat and taking a potted plant as well - keep the place looking bright. She seemed very happy when I gave them to her. Never been thanked like that before! I thnk it'll be hard to get to sleep tonight!